Hand specialist. Specialist in manual medicine and conservative therapy of the musculoskeletal system.
His great interest is in the art of clinical examination of complaints of the entire musculoskeletal system, which he acquired through a broad and varied education. In terms of therapy, he offers manual medicine on the one hand, where he has also been a tutor for years. On the other hand, surgical care with specialization in hand surgery and arthroscopic surgery.
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS)
Nerve constriction syndromes (Gyon’s lodge, sulcus nervi ulnaris)
Ganglion of the hand
Hand contracture – Dupuytren’s disease
Wrist artrhroscopy – Impingement
Fracture treatment of the lower arm and hand
Arthrosis therapy at wrist and hand
and much more…
Almost everyone experiences spinal discomfort in the course of their lives.
Crucial to successful therapy is finding the disturbed or damaged structure. Depending on this, mobilizations (slow improvements in mobility), manipulations (similar to chiropractic quick impulses) or infiltrations can provide relief.
- In 1997 he graduated from the BRG Perchtoldsdorf and then studied medicine in Vienna in the minimum period of study. He received a performance and a research scholarship from the MUW and was able to gain experience abroad with Prof. Seligson while still a student, where he also performed his first operation on his own. In June 2003 he received his doctorate in all medical sciences in Vienna. Afterwards he completed his basic military service as a GWD doctor in the Austrian army. While waiting for a rotation place, he started his second study at the Vienna University of Technology, mechanical engineering with focus on biomedical engineering, where he was able to establish his scientific activity with the Institute of Structural Biomechanics. Overlapping, he started his training first as a rotation physician, then as a general surgery resident at KH Hainburg. In 2006, he moved to the University Department of Trauma Surgery, where he subsequently obtained a residency training position.
- ÖÄK diploma for sports medicine ÖÄK diploma for manual medicine - conservative orthopedics ÖÄK diploma for nutritional medicine ÖÄK diploma emergency physician
- At various departments and hospitals he was able to acquire a broad medical knowledge and excellent surgical skills. In addition, he completed two stays abroad with excellent specialists, in Dresden with Prof. Zwipp (foot surgery) and in Munich with Prof. Stöckle (computer-navigated operations). In February 2012, he became a specialist in trauma surgery and subsequently was also employed as a specialist at the University Hospital in Vienna. From 2014 to 2015, he worked briefly as a senior physician at the Baden-Mödling Regional Hospital. Then he left the public system and worked independently in his own surgery and as a deputy for Prof. Gäbler in the Sports Surgery Vienna. After that, however, he also decided to complete the new training for orthopedics, which he was able to complete in May 2021. Thus, he is now also a specialist in orthopedics and traumatology. His great interest is the art of clinical examination of complaints of the entire musculoskeletal system, which he was able to acquire through a broad and varied training. In terms of therapy, he offers manual medicine, where he has also been a tutor for years, on the one hand, and surgical care with specialization in hand surgery and arthroscopic surgery on the other.
- Staff member of the Sports Outpatient Clinic and the Hand Outpatient Clinic at the University Department of Trauma Surgery for many years.
- Training with Prof. Dr. Lutz with specialization in hand surgery
Dr. Reinhard Schmidt was born on March 20, 1979 in Vienna and grew up in Vienna and Mödling with his four siblings.
Several publications in professional journals
Reviewer for scientific journals Presentations and posters at national and international congresses