Dr. Philippe Reuter, Msc
Specialist in surgical and conservative treatment of injuries and overloads of the shoulder, knee, ankle and foot. His special focus is on reconstructive and regenerative as well as arthroscopic joint surgery.
Through his ongoing clinical research activities as well as his commitment to continuing education and teaching, Dr Reuter will provide you with the most current conservative and surgical treatment approaches in his specialties.
In 2014, Dr. Philippe Reuter, was included in Format’s list of the best trauma surgeons in Vienna.
Bursitis – Calcified shoulder – Impingement
Tendon ruptures and instabilities
Shoulder dislocation and chronic instability
Acromioclavicular joint injuries
Fracture treatment of the shoulder girdle
Shoulder joint arthrosis
Ligament injuries – instability
Impingement / joint stiffness
Epicondylitis humeri (tennis and golfer’s elbow)
Nerve constriction syndromes – Sulcus nervi ulnaris syndrome (SNUS)
Ligament stabilization incl. revision surgery
Rupture of the anterior cruciate ligament
Rupture of the posterior cruciate ligament
Patella stabilization after patellar luxation
Tendon injuries of the knee joint
Cartilage therapy including cartilage transplantation
Leg axis correction
Joint-preserving arthrosis surgery
Autologous blood therapy (PRP / ACP therapy)
Osteoarthritis therapy with highly cross-linked hyaluronic acid and corticoids
Cartilage therapy / osteochondral lesions
Correction of axial malalignments
Tendon injuries and overloads, plantar fasciitis, Haglund’s heel, heel spurs
Autologous blood therapy (PRP / ACP therapy)
Arthrosis therapy with highly cross-linked hyaluronic acid and corticoids
Forefoot surgery (hallux valgus, hallux rigidus, claw toes, hammer toes, metatarsalgia, tailor’s bunion)
Arthroscopic surgery, impingement, cartilage therapy, osteochondral lesions, correction of deformities, tendon injuries and overloads, fracture treatment, stem cell therapy/arthrosis therapy, arthroplasty….
- 2002 Residency at the University Clinic for Trauma Surgery in Vienna
- 2004 Transfer to the Department of Trauma Surgery at the Baden/Mödling Regional Hospital
- 2009 Recognition as a specialist for trauma surgery
- 2009 Senior physician for trauma surgery at Landesklinikum Baden/Mödling
- 2009 Sports medicine diploma of the Austrian Medical Association
- 2009 Emergency doctor diploma of the Austrian Medical Association
- 2009-2014 Elective practice for trauma surgery and sports medicine at Fitnessland Oeynhausen
- 2011-2012 Further training in orthopedics at the Sporthopaedicum Straubing / Olympic Base Bavaria / FIFA Centre of Excellence
- 2013 Anerkennung zum Facharzt für Sporttraumatologie
- 2013-2017 Competence Center for Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy at the Vienna Private Clinic.
- 2015 opening arhromed+ praxisgemeinschaft in Brunn am Gebirge
- 2017 Recognition as a specialist in orthopedics and traumatology
- 2018-2020 Master's Degree in Advanced Orthopedics and Traumatology at the Danube University Krems 2020 Award of the academic degree Master of Science (MSc) in Advanced Orthopedics and Traumatology at Danube University Krems
- 2022 Award as AGA-Instructor (Society for Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery)
- 2002-2004 Shoulder outpatient clinic at the University Clinic for Trauma Surgery Vienna
- 2004-2011 Shoulder and knee outpatient clinic at the Landesklinikum Baden
- 2006-2007 Team physician of the Dodge-Vikings-Vienna (American Football) (https://daciavikings.com/)
- since 2008 Sports medical care of the Poloclub Schloss Ebreichsdorf (https://www.poloclub.at/)
- 2010 Advanced training in arthroscopy of the shoulder joint with Prof. Resch in Salzburg
- 2011-2012 Specialization in arthroscopic surgery of knee, ankle and foot, shoulder joint at the Sporthopaedicum Straubing / Olympic Base Bavaria / FIFA Medical Centre of Excellence
- 2014 - 2020 Member of the AGA Foot and Ankle Committee
- 2016 Appointment as AGA Instructor of the Working Group for Arthroscopy
Philippe Reuter, M.D., M.Sc.
Specialist in orthopedics, trauma surgery and sports traumatology, sports medicine
Format doctors list 2014 – best trauma surgeons vienna
Languages: German, French, English, Luxembourgish
1976 Born in Paris, grew up in Paris, Luxembourg, Vienna
2002 Doctorate at the Medical Faculty of Vienna
Science and teaching:
Lecturing activity at national and international congresses
Lecturer and instructor activity at International Arthroscopy Courses (Knee, Shoulder and Ankle),
Teaching activity and participation in advanced training events
Multiple publications and review activity in scientific journals
AGA – Society for Arthroscopy and Joint Surgery.
Since 2014 Member of the Foot and Ankle Committee
Since 2016 Instructor
GOTS- Society for Orthopedic Traumatologic Sports Medicine
GFFC- Society for Foot Surgery
ÖGU- Austrian Society for Trauma Surgery
Anterocentral Portal in Ancle Arthroscopy
Klinische Untersuchung des Sprunggelenks
Möglichkeiten der Arthroskopie des oberen Sprunggelenks
Surgial treatment of anterior sternoclavicular dislocation associated with midshaft fracture: a case report
Reuter P, Chen K, Klestil T, Stotter C. Surgical treatment of anterior sternoclavicular dislocation associated with midshaft clavicle fracture: A case report. Jt Dis Relat Surg. 2021;32(2):560-565. doi: 10.52312/jdrs.2021.135. epub 2021 Jun 11. PMID: 34145841.
Stotter C, Klestil T, Nehrer S, Reuter P. Treatment of osteochondral defects of the femoral condyles using autologous cancellous bone from the iliac crest combined with matrix-assisted autologous chondrocyte transplantation. Oper Orthop Traumatol. accepted Nov 2020. currently in production.
Stotter C, Klestil T, Chemelli A, Naderi V, Nehrer S, Reuter P. Anterocentral Portal in Ankle Arthroscopy 2020 Jun 17. Foot Ankle Int. 2020;1071100720931095. doi 10.1177/1071100720931095.
Reuter P, Klestil T, Buchhorn T. Clinical examination of the ankle joint.
Arthroscopy 2015 – 28:78-85 DOI 10.1007/s00142-015-0007-4.
T. Buchhorn, P. Reuter
Possibilities of arthroscopy of the upper ankle joint
Cover story, Jatros Orthopaedics & Rheumatology 5/2012
Fialka C, Stampfl P, Arbes S, Reuter P, Oberleitner G, Vécsei V.
Primary hemiarthroplasty in four-part fractures of the proximal humerus: randomized trial of two different implant systems.
J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2008 Mar-Apr;17(2):210-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jse.2007.07.002. epub 2007 Oct 10. PMID: 17931895.
Epiphyseal fractures of the proximal tibia in children. Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Springer Verlag (Editors Prof. Dr. Martin Engelhardt, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Raschke), currently in production.
Osteochondral lesions of the talus in children. Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Springer Verlag (Editors Prof. Dr. Martin Engelhardt, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Raschke), currently in production
Knee ligament and internal knee injuries in children. Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery, Springer Verlag (Editors Prof. Dr. Martin Engelhardt, Univ.-Prof. Dr. Michael Raschke), currently in production
Therapeutic strategies for cartilage defects of the upper ankle joint – procedures, rehabilitation, Back to sports. Cartilage and Osteoarthritis in Sports, Verlags-Comptoir Rolle (Editors Univ.-Prof. Dr. Stefan Nehrer, Prof. Dr. Victor Valderrabano, Prof. Dr. Martin Engelhardt)